Monday, February 13, 2012

My New Buffet



About two weeks ago I found a buffet on craigslist. It is a Museum of American Folk Art Authenticated Reproduction and I love the lines, I knew that if I could even find a piece like this brand new it would cost me at least 5 times what I paid, $75! They were selling it as a vanity along with a mirror that didn't quite match. It seems way too tall to be a vanity to me but maybe that is just because I'm short. Whatever the reason it fits perfectly as a buffet.



I'm not sure if I want to paint the buffet or leave it the way it is. I want to bring more color into the room, but I'm not sure how, with all the furniture being the same mid tone wood. I think now I'm leaning more towards painting my china cabinet and leaving the buffet the way it is. I have been looking for a wide stripe fabric or wrapping paper (white and any other color, I'm not sure what I want yet) to put on the back wall of the china cabinet, I haven't found any yet. I will let you know when I do.
Sorry for the sporadic posting, I hope to get back into posting more regularly.

I'm linking up

you are talking too much

2 comments:

  1. What a fab find - gotta love CraigsList! Can't wait to see what you do with the room! Newest follower.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome find! I can't wait to see what you do with her.

    ReplyDelete